decrease font size Reset Font Size increase font size
Home elen
ΕΜΠΟΡΙΚΟ & ΒΙΟΜΗΧΑΝΙΚΟ ΕΠΙΜΕΛΗΤΗΡΙΟ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ - Ε.Β.Ε.Θ ΕΜΠΟΡΙΚΟ & ΒΙΟΜΗΧΑΝΙΚΟ ΕΠΙΜΕΛΗΤΗΡΙΟ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ - Ε.Β.Ε.Θ

Brief History

09/04/10 16:24

1918      The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Thessaloniki is established in 1918. Its operation begins in 1919.

The first decades     Events of major importance for the nation coincided with the beginning of CCI: the Asia Minor catastrophe, the immigration and settlement of refugees, wars, the Great Depression. The constant presence of the CCI in decision making constitutes a great service to the National Economy and the preservation of the fabric of our society.

1930     Eleftherios Venizelos inaugurates the neo-classical building where the Chamber is housed.

1960     The Chamber concentrates its activity in the area of economic contracts with other countries, organising trade missions, meetings and conferences attended by key people of the area.

Today     The CCI has 20 thousand active members (registered) which with their dynamic business presence have ensured the 50% of Greek exports for Thessaloniki and the greater region. It is an active member of the Eurochamber.

The CCI Presidents since 1919:    

Athanasios Makris 1919-1924
Dimos Papakonstantinou 1924-1933
Zisis Verrou 1934-1936
Sofoklis Stamatis 1937-1941
Alexandros Krallis 1941-1945
Stauros Georgiadis 1945-1946
Mirodis Dimitrakopoulos 1946-1953
Stauros Antoniadis 1953-1955
Mirodis Dimitrakopoulos 1955-1958
Parmenion Stergiou 1958-1967
Michael Diamantis 1967-1974
Vasilios Petridis 1974-1987
Pantelis Konstantinidis 1988-1997
Dimitrios Bakatselos 1997-today

Back